Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sun Direct DTH Re-Alignment Tips, Tricks, Details, Help

Haii mayu,
We are residing in Dubai, from one dish taking 4 sun connection. For past couple of months signal strength is very weak & not getting proper signal. While contacting customer care, they told us that theeir representative will come & rectify. (Use of Sun Direct in Dubai is illegal)

After talking with customer care we loss two channels Asianet & Asianet plus, long before we loss NEO, Kairali WE, Indiavision etc.

Today we got message that we want to realign the dish and representative will come adjust by free of cost.

As you aware that so many peoples in middle east using Sun direct & other DTH services. So kindly provide required details by step by step so we can re align by ourself, without help of an sun direct representaive.

HOW TO RE ALIGN SUN DIRECT DISH

Dear vipin read the thread Sun Direct ealignment procedure posted by M.sathish kumar today at 9.22 AM...

Hi all,

I am Veeramani living in a village near to Tirupur,Tamilnadu. Today morning I have done Sun direct Dish alignment on my own and completed the process successfully. I had approached my dealers many times for aligning the dish but they have never responded properly. Before getting into the process, I would like to thank Mr.Sathish,Dish technician from Madurai, who has shared his knowledge with all of us in aligning the Dish and tuning of STB with videos and photos.. Thanks a lot Mr.Sathish..I have spoken with you yesterday and the information provided by you was very very useful.

I have COSHIP CDVB 6750 STB in my home and it was one of the STBs installed by SD while launching the DTH service. Let me explain the process I have done in my STB & Dish to tune it to MeaSat. If possible, pl take your TV set near to Dish antenna.(I have done like that only so that we can tune the dish very accurately).

1. With the existing dish position, go in to “Advanced installation” mode in the menu. There you can see number of satellites programmed which includes “SAT” ,“INSAT4B”, etc…
2. Go into “SAT” or any one of the first 2 satellites programmed in the menu.
3. Delete the all existing TPs loaded in that particular satellite menu.
4. Add new TP with the following parameters.
Frequency: 12316
S/R: 30000
Polarisation:Horizontal
5. Save the TP. Now you will see Signal quality as Zero..
6. Now start the scanning of this TP by clicking the scan button. You can see a scan window with “Signal level” and “Signal Quality”. But these values will be zero or very low..
7. Now you have to align the dish as follows.
8. First unscrew the bolts which give up & down movement of dish. Then slightly move the dish upwards by 2mm.You can see the signal level and signal quality starts increasing. Hold the point where you achieve more and slightly tighten the bolts.(Note: I have achieved 41% Signal level and 62% signal quality at this stage).
9. Now unscrew the bolts which give sideway movement of dish. Slightly turn the dish towards right hand side while you stand at the backside of dish. Now you can see the signal level & signal quality increases. Hold the point where you achieve more level and quality and tighten all the bolts.(Note: I have achieved 41% signal level and 91% signal quality!!!. I have used the old cable wire which I had in home for this alignment and after connecting through the cable provided by SD, signal level has gone up to 73% and signal quality remains same at 91%)..
10. Then start the scanning process. You can see all the channels in all the available TPs will be loaded in the STP(No need of including the individual TPs). I have seen app.176 channels loaded in the STP. Immediately, NEW SOFTWARE was also installed in my STP.
11. That’s great know.. Now all the program details are coming in the display and Vijay TV,Raj Tv,etc…are available!!! But NO RADIO Channels available.
12. I have attached some pictures also for your easy reference. We, educated people can do this on our own and need not depend the SD people because they are not committed and they are taking Rs.50 to Rs.350 for doing this..I have planned to do this work on free of cost to my neighbors and relatives who are uneducated, if SD don’t attend this problem.

K.Veeramani
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Hi Veeramani na

You did a nice job na.. Very nice thoughts u having keep it up. Do good deeds for the uneducated among SD....Best wishes

Hi Veeramani

Very good ,You did a nice job thanks a lot.

Thanks dear WILL GIVE A TRY..! SD customer care SUCKS..!

Hi veeramani,

You done the good job, i quess this point will help me.
Really I frustrated calling sun direct mother fuckers.
thank,
E.

Hi all,

Thanks for your support...Mr.Mohan from chennai,Mr.Arun from salem,Mr.Sudhakar from bangalore,Ms.Lakshmi from bangalore,Mr.Sathasivam from coimbatore,A friend from Dubai,etc.. have called me and discussed about the dish alignment process. The good thing was they all got success in aligning the dish and were ready to help others by guiding over phone...Thanks to help others also so that everybody can enjoy SD from new satellite..
Thanks
Veeramani

Dear All,

Hope the below information will be useful to you in case if you have some other STB like samsung,homecast etc..I got these information from other articles.

Sun Direct Realignment Process
Please put Home TP: 12316 H 30000

COSHIP (5202 & 5203):

1.Step 1: Go to Installation menu and select “Advanced Installation” option.
2.Step 2: Select “Insat 4B/SAT “and press OK on the remote & press Yellow color key to “TP Edit”. (Must to be select satellite No.1)
3.Step 3: Press Right Navigation key on the remote for adding “New Parameters”
4.Step 4: Enter “New Parameters” like “Frequency, Symbol rate, Polarity”
5.Step 5: Fill all “New Parameters” and select OK “Signal strength & Quality “displayed on screen.
6.Step 6: Press Red color key to “Searching” all available channels.
7.Step 7: After Scanning Press Exit and watch our New channels on “New Satellite”

Home cast (5202 & 5203):

1.Step 1: Go to Menu and select “Installation” option.
2.Step 2: Select “Manual Scan” and press OK on
the remote.
3.Step 3: Pop up window display on the screen “Enter PIN
Code” default password is “0000”
4.Step 4: “Manual Scan setting” menu option below
Dish – Don’t change
Frequency (MHz) – Need Change
Polarity – Need Change
Symbol rate (Msym/s) – Need Change
Modulation – Don’t change
Pilot – Don’t change
Code Rate – Don’t change
Scan Mode – Don’t change
Service Type – Don’t change
Network Search – Don’t change

5.Step 5: Enter the all “New downlink parameters” using Numeric key on the remote.
6.Step 6: In this Menu see the “Signal Status” and “Signal Strength” levels.
7.Step 7: Press “OK” key on the remote for “Search” all channels
8.Step 8: After scanning its shows “Do you want to save changes” select “Yes” and press Exit.
Note: After satellite Migration don’t do Factory default, if customer did kindly follow the same Manual
Tuning steps again.

OPENTEC:

1.Step 1: Go to Menu and select “Installation” option.
2.Step 2: Select “Edit TP” and press OK on the remote.
3.Step 3: Press Green color key on the remote for adding “New TP”
4.Step 4: “New TP” pop up window display on the screen with “Frequency, Symbol rate, Polarity, FEC”
5.Step 5: Fill all “New Parameters” and select OK “Signal strength & Quality “displayed on top.
6.Step 6: Press Red color key on the remote for “Searching”
7.Step 7: After Scanning Press Exit and watch our New channels on “New Satellite”

Samsung (P1, P2, P3 & G2):

1.Step 1: Go to Menu and select “Advanced Actions” option and press OK.
2.Step 2: Select “Home Transponder Setting” and press OK on the remote.
3.Step 3: Pop up window display on the screen “Enter PIN Code” default password is “0000”
4.Step 4: “Home Transponder setting” menu option below
Network ID – Don’t change
Frequency (MHz) – Need Change
Symbol rate (Msym/s) – Need Change
LO Low (MHz) – Don’t change
LO High (MHz) – Don’t change
LNB Power – Don’t change
Polarization – Need Change
Position – Don’t change

5.Step 5: Enter the all “New downlink parameters” using Numeric key on the remote.
6.Step 6: Press OK to see the “Signal Status” for new parameters and press exit twice.
7.Step 7: Select “Channel Installation” and its shows “Enter PIN Code” default password is “0000”
8.Step 8: In this Menu see the “Signal Status” and “Signal Strength” and selected Parameters details.
9.Step 9: Press “Red color” key on the remote for “Search”
10.Step 10:After scanning its shows “Do you want to save” select “Yes” and press Exit.

Samsung HD:

1.Step 1: Go to Menu and select “System” option.
2.Step 2: Select “Sun Direct TV Manual Scanning” and press “OK” Key on the remote
3.Step 3: “Sun Direct TV Manual Scanning” menu option Listed below
Tuner Don’t change
Satellite Don’t change
Transponder Don’t change
Frequency Need Change
Symbol rate Need Change
FEC Need Change
Polarity Need Change
Modulation Don’t change

4.Step 4: Fill all “New Parameters” and Its shows “Signal status “displayed on same screen.
5.Step 5: Fill all “New Parameters” and Its shows “Signal status “displayed on same screen.
6.Step 6: After Scanning its shows “ Search result windows” and press “OK” to confirm.
7.Step 7: Press “Exit” and watch our New channels on “New Satellite”.
So enjoy Sun Direct Viewing now and do change according to your STB model.

Thanks
Veeramani

i tried, but din get it! help me out

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  News Sports Channels in Sun Direct DTH HD sundirectseo14 1 285 10-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Last Post: mrijinm
  First On Net Sri Sankara TV Added on Sun Direct MASH 1 258 10-21-2014, 06:34 PM
  Sun Direct - All Horizontal Transponters are down now jerinidea 3 297 10-21-2014, 07:15 AM
Last Post: kepeeismail
  Update North Indian Channel Packages in Sun Direct DTH sundirectseo14 1 274 10-17-2014, 06:44 PM
  Sun Direct Diwali 2014 Offers admin 0 558 10-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Last Post: admin
  Update HD Music Channels on Sun Direct DTH sundirectseo14 0 321 10-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Last Post: sundirectseo14
  Myntra Recharge Voucher for Sun Direct DTH sundirectseo14 2 378 10-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jasiralitp
  First On Net Samaya News Removed from Sun Direct MASH 3 491 09-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Last Post: MASH
  Sun Direct DVBS2-SD Box Unlocked FTA !! jerinidea 24 2,646 09-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Last Post: jasiralitp
  First On Net upcoming channels and services in sun direct after measat3b nedunchezhiyan 5 754 09-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Last Post: nedunchezhiyan