Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astro LNB for Dish Tv. Will it work??

Need advice. I am in Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur. My In laws just returned fr India and purchased the Dish Tv box with 1 yrs subscription (They did not buy the dish). Can anyone advice if the Astro LNB be used to receive Dish Tv? I have checked the dish size and it should be good. I have tried positioning the dish with adjusting the LNB but it does not work. Could it be because of the frequency supported by the LNB - The LNB used by Dish Tv and Astro do not match? Do i just get the LNB from India or the whole Dish?

I think same LNB WILL WORK ON DISH TV ALSO...
Because both are used universal ku band lnb's...
The signal of dish tv is only for india and near it...
Please check your coverage area... What size of dish you used...

(01-27-2011, 12:39 PM)hrbindrs Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Need advice. I am in Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur. My In laws just returned fr India and purchased the Dish Tv box with 1 yrs subscription (They did not buy the dish). Can anyone advice if the Astro LNB be used to receive Dish Tv? I have checked the dish size and it should be good. I have tried positioning the dish with adjusting the LNB but it does not work. Could it be because of the frequency supported by the LNB - The LNB used by Dish Tv and Astro do not match? Do i just get the LNB from India or the whole Dish?

Nothing to do with the lnb anyway, Buy a normal universal KU-BAND lnbf ,Are there no lnbfs available in Malaysia anyway?

Hi Quick boy

I need a help from you , i m staying in Hyderabad. Can i receive the INSAT 2E signals C band in 90cm. Particularly Tamil channels transponders. Because you tried know. Please help me to get clear ..

(01-28-2011, 12:57 AM)143jagadeesh Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Hi Quick boy

I need a help from you , i m staying in Hyderabad. Can i receive the INSAT 2E signals C band in 90cm. Particularly Tamil channels transponders. Because you tried know. Please help me to get clear ..

Jadageesh, its not easy. insat 2e t/p signals are weak. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

We do don't get lnbf's in Malaysia - We only get ASTRO which is transmitted by measat 3 at 91.5 E. ket is monopolised by Astro. The market is monopolized by Astro. The Lnd of is 11khz. If I am right the LNB that is needed for Dish Tv should be 12Khz. Can anyone confirm this info.

(01-28-2011, 06:58 AM)admin Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(01-28-2011, 12:57 AM)143jagadeesh Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Hi Quick boy

Jadageesh, its not easy. insat 2e t/p signals are weak. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

You can Get ASIANET TPS on 90cms dish, I can get them in Kerala on 90cms dish (Just enough to lock, ie all), SO with Hyderabad , it has more signal strength , so might be possible, BUt you are going to have a very hard time for sure.

(01-28-2011, 02:00 PM)hrbindrs Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.We do don't get lnbf's in Malaysia - We only get ASTRO which is transmitted by measat 3 at 91.5 E. ket is monopolised by Astro. The market is monopolized by Astro. The Lnd of is 11khz. If I am right the LNB that is needed for Dish Tv should be 12Khz. Can anyone confirm this info.

Oh, So you say their lnbfs are only for lower KU-BAND, Well but can you check that lnbf with a normal mpeg-2 stb, and try the INSAT-4B satellite for DD-Direct+, They are all in lower KU with lo frequency 9750, YOu can be sure then , Also you can get very good lnbs from ebay there, Dont tell me you cant get these things there, ONly the techies are in short supply, not the hardware

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Actually I had setup FTA in KL a few years back for my cousins who lived there, That is from where, I found my wife who was working for INTI college, LOL

Hi Quick boy

Thanks for your reply.. Better i need to go only with 120cm right.. really thanks dear friend.

(02-01-2011, 01:04 AM)143jagadeesh Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Hi Quick boy

Thanks for your reply.. Better i need to go only with 120cm right.. really thanks dear friend.

why 120cm, Go for 180 cms only, since you will be able to get more options, and the price difference will be only a few hundred rupees only, between a 4ft and 6ft for sure

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Best Way to align dish antenna neerajsain 7 629 10-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Last Post: neerajsain
  Issue in Fixing C/Ku Band DIsh Host Guy 10 743 09-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Last Post: jasiralitp
  my dish jabiru4 3 521 07-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Last Post: mrijinm
  13°East + 9°East + 5°East Setup In My 12ft JAMS Dish vels 37 1,626 07-28-2014, 11:56 PM
Last Post: srajeshvilla
  Selecting The Proper Size Of The Dish To Track Satellite neel1976 19 2,896 07-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Last Post: mahesh_bharti
  News Eutelsat-33B @ 33.1° East getting in 60cm dish(himachal pradesh) razatmadthakur 14 929 07-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Last Post: elathegreat
  6 Feet Dish Three Satellite Coverage 49 E,66 E, 68E With Image vels 47 8,987 07-10-2014, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Red
  News 16°east getting unlock signal in 60cm dish in himachal razatmadthakur 15 870 05-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Last Post: razatmadthakur
  Easy Way To Find The Focal Length Of Dish mkhamid 27 5,486 04-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Last Post: faheem001
  Dish TV Help Needed -=kamal=- 1 400 01-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Last Post: kiransgnr